🧈 About Butter
At Butter we’re building the platform for synchronous collaboration.
We believe in powering high-energy and effective collaboration through smooth and delightful experiences.
We have grown our small group to a team of 18 awesome people across 9 countries and have secured backing by some of the best investors in Europe. Now, we're looking for more great team members!
With Butter we want to set a new bar for what virtual collaboration could be and firmly believe that understanding our users’ behavior is an integral part of this. Most products today are optimized solely for efficiency and end up looking and feeling the same - we want to build something different.
🙋♀️ The Role
We’re looking for a highly motivated and creative product growth analyst with real experience in product analytics and data management to advance Butter’s transformation into a truly data-driven organization.
As a Product Growth Analyst you’re someone who always has an interesting data nugget up your sleeve, and you jam best in large data sets living and breathing numbers. You have an owner’s mindset and rely on well-formulated, thought-through KPIs in data-driven decision-making processes.
You bring speed, sharpness and a laser focus into how to best act on insights by making data accessible to all, recommending experiments, and by being the go-to person for all things tracking and analytics. Activation, retention and cohorts need no explanation and you understand the importance of getting the fundamentals right.
You’ll be joining the Butter Product Design team working closely with Chris, our co-founder and CPO. Even more, you’ll work tightly with our Growth and Engineering functions as the central orchestrator of the quantitative insights process.
⭐️ Your Responsibilities
- Support and build out a data-driven culture in Butter
- Use data to understand trends in the user’s overall lifecycle/journey
- Drive analytics and KPI documentation, tooling and tracking implementation, and coordinating how this is orchestrated with the rest of the team
- Communicate insights to the organization by making it accessible through easily-digestible dashboards, and making it understandable to the rest of the team through clear data-communication initiatives
- Own our overall data architecture - with the support of our engineering team for implementation
- Run exploratory analyses to uncover areas for improvements and opportunities for growth
😍 What we are looking for
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience working in an analytical, data or product role (ideally in a tech company or startup)
- Level of comfort with some form of an analytics stack (we use Segment, Mixpanel, ChartMogul, SQL)
- Quantitative analysis is your comfort zone and drawing actionable insights from complex data sets is second nature
- Know the difference between observations and insights
- Highly enthusiastic about experimentation: from designing multivariate tests, to synthesizing test results and to building frameworks to make data-informed decisions
- Solid product sense allowing you to set the right success metrics for product launches
- Experience in collaborating effectively across various parts of the organization
- Efficient communication skills both in verbal and written exchange, and in documentation tasks
- Data infrastructure experience is a plus but not a requirement
- Familiarity with and a real desire to work remotely
- 🌎 Fully remote team: Work from wherever you want - forever
- ⌚️ Flexible work hours: We care about how much you get done - not how much you work or when you do it
- 🏡 Equipment budget: $500 to set up your home office and ensure you have the equipment you need to do your job well!
- 🏖 Unlimited paid vacation: People at Butter can take as many days off as they need - and we strongly encourage to do so
- ⛑ Health Insurance: We either pay or give support towards health insurance (depending on where you live and what you need)
- 🎓 Self-development: We actively invest in our employees and support you on your individual development goals.
🤩 Ready to join us?
Be ready to include:
- LinkedIn profile (or resume) - Examples or descriptions of previous work - A few lines (or maybe a Loom vid) on why you're excited about Butter