🧈 About Butter
We're building Butter - which is like Zoom but laser focused on online workshops, a billion dollar niche of online meetings. We started out in mid-2020 and thousands of people are now running their online meetings and workshops on Butter.
We're backed by some of the best investors in Europe and we're looking to bring new team members onboard this journey of making online meetings better than physical ones.
✍️ The Role
We're seeking an ambitious and dynamic self-starter to drive our content at Butter. You'll be in charge of building our brand identity and online presence through a wide variety of creative content initiatives, and help build an extremely well-informed customer base for us. You’ll formulating content strategies that's driven by data, and producing content that's super creative and highly-engaging. You'll be in charge of exciting the team with new and novel ways to represent Butter online, while ensuring an extremely positive customer experience.
You'll be reporting in directly to our Head of Growth & Insights. We're still a small team so expect a hands-on position.
⚙️ What you'll do
- Build and implement an ambitious content strategy to maintain a well-informed and loyal Butter user community. Be obsessed with building a strong brand identity and capturing our unique tone of voice in key channels.
- Build a strong following on social media and online community channels, and constanly ideate on content that helps us scale and retain our customers. Write, edit, proofread and manage Butter's content across all platforms — from social, email, newsletters, videos, knowledge & help docs, website, tactical PR activities, etc.
- Identify and surface trends and insights from content engagement. Share insights and work cross-functionally with the team to influence product development, marketing campaigns and more, and improve the customer experience overall.
💪 Your qualifications
- Experience in building a unique and opinionated content strategy for an industry or product that's similar to Butter.
- Excellent writing skills with a flair for Butter's brand vibe — your GIF and emoji game butter be as strong as your puns (and you need to be able to churn out lines that are better than that one).
- Comfortable with writing and executing on different content formats - from social posts, knowledge docs, videos, blog posts, emails, etc..
- Stays up to date with the latest trends that could help us build a strong content vibe. Willing to experiment to find out what sticks.
- Awesome critical thinking and problem-solving skills that's rooted in strong customer insights and data.
- Strong sense of ownership and a "can-do" attitude to get things done.
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Fully remote team: Work from wherever you want - forever
- Flexible work hours: We care about how much you get done - not how much you work or when you do it
- Equipment support: $500 to set up your home office and ensure you have the equipment you need to do your job well!
- Unlimited paid vacation: People in Butter can take as many days off as they need - and we strongly encourage to do so
- Health Insurance: We either pay or give support towards health insurance (depending on where you live and what you need)
- Self-development budget: We allocate a budget to each team member to ensure we all have the best opportunities to develop
🤩 Ready to join us?
To apply, please fill out this short form!
Be ready to include:
- LinkedIn profile (or resume) - Examples or descriptions of previous work - A few lines (or maybe a Loom vid) on why you're excited about Butter
🌏 The Butter vibe
We never take ourselves too seriously, and we believe that is for the better! A few silly vibes make the workplace a much nicer place. Especially when you're a fully remote team across 7 countries 🇮🇩 🇲🇾 🇩🇪 🇩🇰 🇳🇬 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 and 4 time zones
Meet the gang 👇
🙏 Our values
Be bold and adventurous We believe that nothing good comes from simply copying what other folks are doing. To truly build the future experience of complex meetings, you need to think radically different - and we celebrate that kind of thinking at Butter!
Make the world smaller We want to empower facilitators to host the most amazing online workshops - and we believe this will enable people in Denmark to learn from best-in-class instructors in the US, or workshops consisting of people of dozens of nationalities.
Embrace silliness We NEVER take ourselves too seriously, and we believe that is for the better! A few silly vibes make the workplace a much nicer place - and honestly we just can't help ourselves... We also have way too many butter based puns...
Open minded and open hearted We want even the newest of employees or the freshest of interns to feel comfortable to state their thoughts and opinions. Great ideas and insights can come from anywhere, and we want to encourage this!