🧈 About Butter
We're building Butter - which is like Zoom but laser focused on online workshops, a billion dollar niche of online meetings. We started out in mid-2020 and thousands of people are now running their online meetings and workshops on Butter.
We're backed by some of the best investors in Europe and we're looking to bring new team members onboard this journey of making online meetings better than physical ones.
✍️ The Role
We're seeking an ambitious and dynamic self-starter to drive our community efforts at Butter. You'll be in charge of creating and managing a wide variety of community programs to help build an extremely loyal, well-informed and happy customer base for us. You’ll source and amplify user-generated content, host events, acquire ambassadors, and engage with partners all while ensuring ongoing high engagement and value for each community member.
You'll be reporting in directly to our Head of Growth & Insights. We're still a small team so expect a hands-on position.
⚙️ What you'll do
- Be one of the faces & voices representing Butter, and help capture and communicate our brand identity and values in our channels.
- Drive user advocacy and education initiatives. Be obsessed with providing more value to the community and be responsible for a wide variety of community initiatives: social, newsletters, user groups, workshops, forums, knowledge & help docs, tactical PR activities, etc.
- Prompt the user community to share their stories, write reviews and drive word-of-mouth organic growth for Butter. Ensure a positive user experience through day-to-day activities.
- Identify and surface trends and insights from user community (both new and power users) through qualitative and quantitative feedback. Share insights and work cross-functionally with the team to influence product development, marketing campaigns and more, and improve the customer experience overall.
💪 Your qualifications
- Experience in building a vibrant community for yourself or a company previously, and comes with tactical ideas on how to do the same for Butter. Willingness to get his/her hands dirty in order to ensure a happy and well-informed user base, and deliver results.
- Loves connecting people and helping others when the opportunity arises.
- Excellent community-building skills with a flair for Butter's brand vibe. Comfortable with speaking and building rapport with people on digital.
- Stays up to date with the latest tools that could help us foster stronger communities and willing to experiment to find out what works.
- Awesome critical thinking and problem-solving skills that's rooted in strong customer insights and data.
- Strong sense of ownership and a "can-do" attitude to get things done.
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Fully remote team: Work from wherever you want - forever
- Flexible work hours: We care about how much you get done - not how much you work or when you do it
- Equipment support: $500 to set up your home office and ensure you have the equipment you need to do your job well!
- Unlimited paid vacation: People in Butter can take as many days off as they need - and we strongly encourage to do so
- Health Insurance: We either pay or give support towards health insurance (depending on where you live and what you need)
- Self-development budget: We allocate a budget to each team member to ensure we all have the best opportunities to develop
🤩 Ready to join us?
To apply, please fill out this short form!
Be ready to include:
- LinkedIn profile (or resume) - Examples or descriptions of previous work - A few lines (or maybe a Loom vid) on why you're excited about Butter
🌏 The Butter vibe
We never take ourselves too seriously, and we believe that is for the better! A few silly vibes make the workplace a much nicer place. Especially when you're a fully remote team across 7 countries 🇮🇩 🇲🇾 🇩🇪 🇩🇰 🇳🇬 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 and 4 time zones
Meet the gang 👇
🙏 Our values
Be bold and adventurous We believe that nothing good comes from simply copying what other folks are doing. To truly build the future experience of complex meetings, you need to think radically different - and we celebrate that kind of thinking at Butter!
Make the world smaller We want to empower facilitators to host the most amazing online workshops - and we believe this will enable people in Denmark to learn from best-in-class instructors in the US, or workshops consisting of people of dozens of nationalities.
Embrace silliness We NEVER take ourselves too seriously, and we believe that is for the better! A few silly vibes make the workplace a much nicer place - and honestly we just can't help ourselves... We also have way too many butter based puns...
Open minded and open hearted We want even the newest of employees or the freshest of interns to feel comfortable to state their thoughts and opinions. Great ideas and insights can come from anywhere, and we want to encourage this!