🧈 About Butter
At Butter, we believe in powering high-energy and effective collaboration through smooth and delightful experiences. Our goal is to build the world's most engaging, interactive and fun all-in-one platform for delivering virtual workshops, tapping into a billion dollar niche of online meetings.
The first designs and lines of code were shipped in May 2020. We've grown our small initial group to a team of 17 awesome people across 7 countries and have secured backing by some of the best investors in Europe 🤘 Now, we're looking for more great talent!
✍️ The Role
We are looking for an analytical, impact-driven back-end developer who will work with our team to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes.
In this role you will use your understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current code and formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
You’ll be working directly with our CTO and Co-Founder, and reporting to our Backend Tech Lead.
⚙️ Your Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the backend infrastructure that powers Butter applications
- Architecting and develop applications, as well as coordinate with the dev team
- Develop features and improvements to the Butter product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Recognise impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
- Represent Butter and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members
- Collaborate with the team on larger projects
💪 What we’re looking for
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience working as a Backend Engineer ideally at a startup or a fast-growing company
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, Lambda, ECS, CloudFront, S3) at scale
- Experience with Firebase Cloud Functions and Real Time Databases
- Experience building out-of-the-box technical solutions
- Experience with at least one container orchestration platform (AWS ECS or Kubernetes)
- Ability to learn/pick up new tools as required by a task
- Experience working with some combination of Node (JS or TS), Postgres (or a similar relational database), and MongoDB / NoSQL
- Detail-orientation, self-management and ability to prioritize work programs based on goals and objective
- Highly motivated and self-driven, with confidence and ability to think on your feet in a constantly changing environment
- Would prefer a +/- 4 hours time zone difference from +0800. Take this as a soft requirement though.
- 🌎 Fully remote team: Work from wherever you want - forever
- ⌚️ Flexible work hours: We care about how much you get done - not how much you work or when you do it
- 🏡 Equipment budget: $500 to set up your home office and ensure you have the equipment you need to do your job well!
- 🏖 Unlimited paid vacation: People at Butter can take as many days off as they need - and we strongly encourage to do so
- ⛑ Health Insurance: We either pay or give support towards health insurance (depending on where you live and what you need)
- 🎓 Self-development: We actively invest in our employees and support you on your individual development goals.
🤩 Ready to join us?
Be ready to include:
- LinkedIn profile (or resume) - Examples or descriptions of previous work - A few lines (or maybe a Loom vid) on why you're excited about Butter