🧈 About Butter
We're building Butter - which is like Zoom but laser focused on online workshops, a billion dollar niche of online meetings. We started out in mid-2020 and thousands of people are now running their online meetings and workshops on Butter.
We're backed by some of the best investors in Europe and we're looking to bring new team members onboard this journey of making online meetings better than physical ones.
✍️ The Role
QA Automation Engineers at Butter work to test our product.
We're seeking a QA Automation Engineer to write automated scripts that tests the functionality and boundaries of the Butter applications. You will be responsible for architecting and developing these test scripts, coordinating with the dev team and manual quality assurance engineers. At Butter, building tech is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team with good communication skills is required.
You'll be reporting in directly to our CTO. We're still a small team so expect a hands-on position.
⚙️ What you'll do
- Meeting with the software design team to discuss verification protocols.
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
- Sketching out ideas for automated software test procedures.
- Reviewing software bug reports and highlighting problem areas.
- Writing automation scripts and implementing software applications.
- Designing and installing software databases.
- Troubleshooting automation software and finalizing system procedures.
- Identifying quality issues and creating test reports.
- Collaborating with the design team to solve application faults.
💪 Your qualifications
- Advanced programming skills including automation systems and databases.
- Familiarity with programming script languages.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Detailed knowledge of application functions, bug fixing, and testing protocols.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good project management skills.
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest, TestProject, or Cypress.
- Experience with automated browser tools such as Puppeteer, TestProject or BrowserStack.
- Experienced with software development lifecycles and Git flow.
- Fully remote team: Work from wherever you want - forever
- Flexible work hours: We care about how much you get done - not how much you work or when you do it
- Equipment support: $500 to set up your home office and ensure you have the equipment you need to do your job well!
- Unlimited paid vacation: People in Butter can take as many days off as they need - and we strongly encourage to do so
- Health Insurance: We either pay or give support towards health insurance (depending on where you live and what you need)
- Self-development budget: We allocate a budget to each team member to ensure we all have the best opportunities to develop
🤩 Ready to join us?
To apply, please fill out this short form!
Be ready to include:
- LinkedIn profile (or resume) - Examples or descriptions of previous work - A few lines (or maybe a Loom vid) on why you're excited about Butter
🌏 The Butter vibe
We never take ourselves too seriously, and we believe that is for the better! A few silly vibes make the workplace a much nicer place. Especially when you're a fully remote team across 7 countries 🇮🇩 🇲🇾 🇩🇪 🇩🇰 🇳🇬 🇺🇸 🇪🇸 and 4 time zones
Meet the gang 👇
🙏 Our values
Be bold and adventurous We believe that nothing good comes from simply copying what other folks are doing. To truly build the future experience of complex meetings, you need to think radically different - and we celebrate that kind of thinking at Butter!
Make the world smaller We want to empower facilitators to host the most amazing online workshops - and we believe this will enable people in Denmark to learn from best-in-class instructors in the US, or workshops consisting of people of dozens of nationalities.
Embrace silliness We NEVER take ourselves too seriously, and we believe that is for the better! A few silly vibes make the workplace a much nicer place - and honestly we just can't help ourselves... We also have way too many butter based puns...
Open minded and open hearted We want even the newest of employees or the freshest of interns to feel comfortable to state their thoughts and opinions. Great ideas and insights can come from anywhere, and we want to encourage this!